ULLEVAAL STADION (VG) (Norway-Armenia 10-0) You will be very happy when you have scored your first goal for the national team in your first A-international match.
Aftenposten collaborates with VG-sporten. Therefore, as a reader of Aftenposten, you also get articles and services created by VG.
The qualifying match for the World Cup played 10 minutes against Armenia when midfielder Guro Bergsvand cheated the striker on the field and scored his first goal for the national team.
The 27-year-old, with a score of international appearances for the sub-national teams, has long been waiting for his debut with the A-team. After a great game for a Sandviken in search of gold this season, Bergsvand had the opportunity from the beginning of tonight.
– This was great. Incredibly fun, says Bergsvand.
1 of 6Photo: Bjorn Steinar Delebekk
Tyriberget’s assistant in the national team: comply with the new UEFA rule
He now has as many A-national parties as his father Jo Bergsvand.
– But I played more minutes than Dad, and then I scored goals, says Bergsvand. He has never given up on his dream of playing for the national team and now hopes for more.
– Isn’t it at 27, 28 and 29 that you are at your best age? So it’s just to carry on, says Sandviken’s plug and laughs.
– Guro shows that it is never too late to be good at soccer. It has had a good development especially this year, but it has been in the discussions for a while. Like Sandviken, Guro has been good, national team manager Martin Sjögren tells VG.
Norway made it, as expected, terribly easy against Armenia, which is ranked 128th in FIFA.
– I am very pleased. We show evidence of a good attacking game, says the Swede.
– We should have had a better score in the first half and be only 3-0, but we finished and scored four goals in ten minutes behind. And we have achieved a victory in the World Cup qualifying rounds even though the opponent was not the best.
Hat-trick from abroad
Caroline Graham Hansen rose to 2-0 from the penalty spot before Karina Sævik made it 3-0. It was also the result of the break. During the break, Karina Sævik was replaced by Lisa-Marie Utland. He rose to 4-0 on his first touch with the ball.
An offensive Julie Blakstad scored her first goal for the national team in her sixth international game after just over an hour of play when she rose to 5-0. Caroline Graham Hansen and Emilie Haavi’s preparation was delicious.
Finally, he bets on Thorisdottir in the role of the dream
Caroline Graham Hansen’s shot in the 78th minute was easy, but the keeper’s weak play meant “Caro” got her second of the night. Then it was played in the 79th minute. Just a minute later, Lisa-Marie Utland also scored two goals and increased to 7-0.
Her third goal came in the 88th minute. Then she had to stand alone at the back post. Substitute Elisabeth Terland scored her first goal for the national team just before the end.
Then there was one more in “Caro” – hat-trick – in overtime with a touch away. Thus, it ended 10-0.
Norway lost 7-0 to the Netherlands in June. Now they win 10-0.
– But of course there are completely different levels of opponents, Sjögren tells NRK.
On Tuesday, Norway will play an away game against Kosovo. The other teams in the Norwegian group are Belgium, Poland and Albania. The winner goes directly to the World Cup in Australia / New Zealand. The second must be repeated.
P.S! Norway’s biggest victory is 17-0 in a European Championship qualifier against Slovakia in 1995.