SKIEN / BEKKESTUA (VG) (Odd – Molde 1-3, Stabæk-Glimt 0-3) The top scorer in the elite series, Ohi Omoijuanfo (27), scored again when Molde swept Odd. Subsequently, he was informed that he has been selected for the national team.
Aftenposten collaborates with VG-sporten. Therefore, as a reader of Aftenposten, you also get articles and services created by VG.
Along with Julian Ryerson and Iver Fossum Omoijuanfo has been included in the squad of coach Ståle Solbakken for the games against Turkey (October 8) and Montenegro (October 11).
It occurs after Joshua King and Fredrik Midtsjø had to report due to the collection. The national team still has little hope that Erling Braut Haaland is ready.
– Nobody here counts on Haaland. The Dortmund orthopedist and our doctor speak German well together every day. He has a kind of injury that he can loosen up a bit, but I’m not hopeful. I don’t plan with Haaland, but I don’t mean to say all hope is gone if the doctor says there is a three percent chance. In my head and in my tactics, they rule it out in the next few days, says Solbakken. TV 2, and says that many players now “have a great opportunity.”
Among them is Omoijuanfo.
– It’s fun. I look forward. I am looking forward to meeting the guys. It means a lot, that’s what you work for, he says in a short comment to VG and other media after the game.
On the way to the team bus, the forward was greeted with cheers:
Before the draw was known, Ohi scored his 22nd goal of the season when Molde won 3-1 on the road against Odd.
In the first interview with Discovery + after the game, the message about the withdrawal had not reached.
– You always expect you to join. If it doesn’t happen, then the world is exactly the same as when I woke up this morning, Omoijuanfo told Discovery +.
A few minutes later the message arrived that it had been removed.
– It is well deserved. He has done very well. He has scored a lot of goals, so it is deserved, says Magnus Wolff Eikrem from Molde to VG.
Joshua King was injured just before halftime in Watford’s game against Leeds on Saturday.
– We had a slight hope that the scan you performed would give us a positive response. The answer we got was, sadly, that Joshua is not relevant to upcoming national games, says national team doctor Ola Sand.
The previous meeting of the national team was Erik Botheim, who had the opportunity in the team. The Bodø / Glimt forward scored a goal in Glimt’s 3-0 win over Stabæk on Sunday, and was happy on behalf of Omoijuanfo after the match.
– If Ohi is involved, then it is well deserved. I think he is a very good player. I hope I can put in some “boxes” and get Norway to score points, Botheim tells VG after his 12th goal of the season.
Sunday’s win is Molde’s first away win in the Eliteserien since defeating Bodø / Glimt on June 24.
– There is always a bustle around that kind of thing. Then we have to admit that for a while we have not had the proper balance in ourselves outside the home. We struggled a bit there after Aursnes left. I think we’re taking a big step forward, Molde’s coach Erling Moe tells Discovery +.
Eirik Ulland Andersen scored the first and last goals of the match, while it was Conrad Wallem who scored Odd’s goal.
– I think today we played a very good game away from home. We have good balance, good emphasis and we create a lot. “Today I think we deserve the victory and we play a very good game,” says Moe.