– You’re not satisfied when you don’t play, says Even Hovland. After being stuck with the team for most of the season, he has had to watch the last two games from the bench.
– Everybody wants to play soccer games. You’re dissatisfied when you don’t play, but it’s Åge and the decider. I have to respect that. Then oneself can mean a lot. I can only make the most of it, Even Hovland tells Adresseavisen.
Since the home game against Molde on May 24, the midfielder had only played one game until the cup match against Viking on September 22 inclusive.
– Anyway, it would not have happened, I think, replied Hovland confronted that there will be no cup final this season either.
The RBK giant missed his dream opportunity: – He was closer than ever
– Think about the next season
He was then benched early on both against Mjøndalen and more recently against Kristiansund, where he came in for a break, after RBK received an early red card.
The 32-year-old has an outgoing contract. Adresseavisen has mentioned the Hovland situation several times in recent months and that it has been a long time since the plug moved away from Rosenborg.
When we meet Hovland after Thursday’s training session, he says there is little news to report.
– We finish the season and then we can see how things are going, says Hovland.
Erlend Dahl Reitan was chosen against Hovland in the stoppage against Kristiansund. RBK coach Åge Hareide explained to Eurosport:
– We have to think a little more from this year and next. It could be a good opportunity to prove him (Reitan) stopping, Hareide said, further explaining that they wanted a safe player in the center.
Experts believe this shows a clear RBK problem
Gets disappointed and curses
When we ask Hovland if he thinks it is a coincidence that he has been banked, he responds:
– I don’t think I should comment on it. I want to play soccer games every weekend so you will be disappointed and cursed for whatever reason. I’d rather play as many games as possible, says Hovland.
– They are the ones who decide who will play. If they choose it that way, then it is their choice, and I have to accept it. I don’t have to accept it, because I want to play myself. Then I can take advantage of the opportunities I have, says Hovland.
Åge Hareide tells Adresseavisen that he will prioritize Hovland on an equal footing with the rest of the players this season, but says the club is looking forward to next season.
– We do, but now it’s the people who are suspended. We all need a man. Even is a professional and knows what he’s all about, says Hareide.
– Does that mean you will prioritize others besides Hovland this fall?
– No, not necessarily. He came in and played well against Kristiansund, and it’s about that a lot. To do their job. It has not changed from what it has been, it has played a lot. He is a skilled soccer player, but it is natural that we also have to think about next year, says Hareide.
Hovland says he hasn’t heard from Rosenborg anymore. Earlier this year, talks stalled that the club would not offer him more than a one-year contract.
– I’m not ruling out anything. For now, I don’t know what’s going on, says Hovland.