Sunday, October 24

Very dramatic when Yilmaz saved Turkey eight minutes into extra time

(Latvia 1-2 Turkey) For a long time it seemed that Latvia would help Norway in the battle for second place in the group. Burak Yilmaz wanted it differently.

Burak Yilmaz tried a shot, but from an awkward position, sending the ball to the visiting fans.

Aftenposten collaborates with VG-sporten. Therefore, as a reader of Aftenposten, you also get articles and services created by VG.

After Latvia first took the lead 20 minutes before the end, first Cengiz Ünder, then Burak Yilmaz from the penalty spot, they made sure that Norway did not get the help we expected.

This means that there are currently two points between Norway in the playoffs and even Turkey in third place in the group.

In the game between the Netherlands and Gibraltar, there was never any doubt that the home team would take all the points. It finished 6-0 in Rotterdam.

In Riga, it was the guests who started out fresh. After 18 minutes of play, Turkey played like the “mother of all occasions”, but midfielder Demiral proved just that, when he put the ball out of the open goal after a corner kick.

The remainder of the game was characterized by tough play and many physical challenges on the wet field, but Eduardo Alves showed great heart and played a good game.

Just after the break, Inter player Hakan Çalhanoğlu was dangerous up front with a good free kick from 20 meters. The shot slid just off the post and crashed into the wall of the net.

Just a minute later, the home team was dangerously ahead, when they combined very well on the pitch against a limping Turkish defense. The only thing missing was that the last voted pass of Raivis Jurkovskis facing the goal.

Then finally online acquaintances arrived in Riga. First, Turkey’s Demiral was clumsy and unlucky when he cleared a post directly into his own net, before Serdar Dursun tied five minutes later.

In the 85th minute, a phenomenal play from the left wing freed Latvija’s Cengiz Ünder to break through and score another goal for the visitors.

Then, in extra time, Swedish referee Andreas Ekberg pointed to the penalty spot. The pressure was enormous on veteran Yilmaz, who responded by keeping his head frozen for eight minutes into extra time.

Thus, it ended with a 2-1 Turkish victory.

Serdar Dursun saved a point for the Turks in Riga.

In Rotterdam, the home team was in the lead even before the ten minutes had been played. Liverpool stopper Virgil van Dijk sent the home team ahead with the forehead brace to 1-0.

Minutes later, Memphis Depay had the opportunity to double the lead from the penalty spot, but the Barcelona player took advantage of it poorly.

Soon after, however, Depay did well again and scored the second goal of the match. In the extension of the first half, the forward again had the opportunity from the penalty spot. On his second attempt, he sat down, and thus 3-0 when the teams went to break.

Three minutes after the team change, European Championship sensation Denzel Dumfries rose to 4-0, before Arnaut Danjuma put in the fifth quarter of the night before the end. 6-0 came to Donyell Malen.

The Netherlands lead the group with 19 points, two points ahead of Norway with 17. Turkey stands at 15.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *