Wednesday, January 26

A mysterious disappearance clarified in France after 13 years and the discovery of a car wreck

(c) Screenshot of the La Provence website

Thirteen years after the last sign of life given by a young man of twenty in the Var, his car and bones were discovered Tuesday in Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence), no doubt elucidating a disappearance that had never been reported.

The wreckage of a white Peugeot 205 and bones near the vehicle were found by chance Tuesday by a walker looking for a shortcut, according to a source close to the investigation.

The carcass of the car, invisible from the road, was in a difficult-to-reach ravine, 20 meters below, in an exit from a hairpin bend at the entrance to the tourist village of Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon, detailed the same source.

If the results of analyzes of the bones sent to the Criminal Research Institute of the National Gendarmerie (IRCGN) will not be known for several months, investigators believe that the bones are undoubtedly those of the owner of the Peugeot 205, especially that an employer’s letter addressed to him was found in the car.

Paradoxically, the vehicle has never been reported as stolen and its license plate is associated with a man who himself has never been missing, said a judicial source to the newspaper La Provence.

His disappearance, thirteen years ago, had not been the subject of any report, neither to the police nor to the gendarmerie. Only his uncle had published a notice on the site www.personnedisparue.com.

This young man, aged 20 at the time of his disappearance in 2008, was living at the time with his uncle and aunt in Pourrières, in the Var, and according to corroborating sources, he was not known to the courts. . “Orphan, the young boy wandered easily between several members of his family and obviously had no fixed address”, said the source close to the investigation.

“At the time, the procedures for the disappearance of adults, or at least of adults, were not necessarily always followed”, noted the same source: “Contacted recently, the family did not mention a suicidal tendency and confirmed that no action had been taken at the time with the authorities and the police”.

An investigation was opened by the Digne-les-Bains prosecutor’s office to determine the causes of death.

Reference-www.rtl.be

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.