Alec Baldwin assures him, he does not let the investigation into the shooting that killed a filmmaker during the filming of the film get bogged down Rust. In a video on Instagram on Saturday, he refuted rumors that he did not want to collaborate with investigators, including handing over his phone. “Any insinuation that I do not comply with requests, orders, demands or seizure warrants concerning my phone is bullshit, it’s a lie,” said the American actor.
He explained that the authorities in the state of New Mexico, where the tragedy occurred last October, were working in connection with those in the state of New York, where he lives, and that the steps to recover the phone were taking a long time. “Of course, we’re going to be 1000% compliant with all of that. We are in perfect agreement with that, ”assured the actor.
The American police officers in charge of the investigation were authorized on December 16 to seize the cell phone of Alec Baldwin, who was handling the revolver in question during the accident, and who is also the producer of the western on a low budget.
Evidence in the phone?
At the time of the drama, on October 21 at a ranch in Santa Fe (New Mexico), Alec Baldwin was working on a scene with cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. He maintains that he never pulled the trigger of the gun when the shot was fired, saying that he contented himself with cocking the hammer. And he said in a TV interview that he had “no idea” of how a real bullet could have gotten on the film set and “got into the gun”, which he had been presented with as being. harmless.
The warrant issued in mid-December estimates that “there may be evidence on the phone” relating to this case, such as messages or emails sent or received by Alec Baldwin regarding the production of Rust. No arrests have been made in this case to date, but criminal prosecution is not excluded, including against Alec Baldwin, should responsibility be established.