Sunday, May 22

Alec Baldwin case: the actor gave his mobile phone to the police

New twist in the case. Actor Alec Baldwin handed over his mobile phone to the police this Friday, January 14, as part of the investigation into the death of a filmmaker on the set of “Rust”, killed by a revolver that the actor handled during the accident.

Investigators believe that the device may contain “evidence”, messages or e-mails, useful for investigations.

At the time of the tragedy, on October 21 on a ranch in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Alec Baldwin was working on a scene with 46-year-old cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. He had been presented with the gun as harmless as it was supposed to contain only dummy bullets. In particular, the police are looking to find out how live ammunition could have been found on the set, which is in theory strictly prohibited.

In mid-December, the investigators had obtained a warrant authorizing them to seize the phone of Alec Baldwin, also producer of the western, believing that it could contain “evidence” relating to the case, such as messages or emails. Thus, the actor gave Friday his iPhone to the authorities of Suffolk County, in the State of New York, where he has a home.

A copy of the data will be made

Local police will make a copy of the data on the device and pass it on to their New Mexico colleagues investigating the case, a Santa Fe County sheriff’s spokesperson told a spokesperson.

This data has not yet been transmitted and exchanges with his lawyers and his wife will be excluded, under an agreement between Alec Baldwin and the authorities, said the spokesperson.

” width=”375″/>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.