An entire football nation gathers in mourning over Nils Arne Eggen’s death.
Aftenposten collaborates with VG-sporten. Therefore, as an Aftenposten reader, you also get articles and services created by VG.
– This is just sad. It will be a great loss now that Nils Arne is gone, says Egil “Drillo” Olsen to VG.
– He was a firework of mood and energy. I have had a long life with Nils Arne since we started as players at Vålerenga, where we drove in his Mini from Blindern to Valle to train, says Olsen, who says that they have since been together at coaching meetings and written the book “It most important of all unimportant »together.
– I have had contact with him regularly on the phone, and heard that he was worse. Still, the death comes as a big surprise, says “Drillo”.
How football Norway reacts on social media:
– One of Norwegian football’s greatest personalities of all time, writes former national team player Jan Åge Fjørtoft on Twitter.
The football podcast Heia Fotball reacts with two broken hearts.
– One of the greatest throughout the history of Norwegian football. Enormous trainer. Enormous personality, writes football commentator Kasper Wikestad.
Rosenborg’s supporter club Kjernen has also posted a message thanking the RBK legend for everything.
– We were so lucky to experience you, Nils Arne Eggen, writes Lars Tjærnås.