Last Thursday was held the constituent General Assembly of CARIF OTEF (Territorial Association for Orientation, Training and Employment in Saint-Martin) in the presence of the Secretary General of the Prefecture of the Northern Islands, Fabien Sese, of President of the COM, Daniel Gibbs and representatives of the CCISM, the FTPE, the trade unions and the MEDEF.
The agenda focused on several points, namely the validation of the statutes, the validation of the board of directors and the appointment of the office.
Subsequently, a general meeting was held to formalize the establishment of this structure.
The association’s corporate purpose is to intervene in the areas of lifelong training and guidance as well as employment.
In this context, the State and the Collectivity of Saint-Martin, members by right, acknowledge that the association supports the following missions:
• Information on training through the collection and dissemination of the most reliable and complete information on the training offer and professions;
• Observation and analysis of the training-employment relationship and its developments;
• Support for public policies in these areas;
• The accompaniment and the tools of the actors who intervene there, in order to meet the needs of the inhabitants of the territory of Saint-Martin.
In view of its missions of CARIF (Centre for Animation, Resources and Information on Training) and OTEF (Territorial Observatory for Employment and Training), the association:
• Constitutes a privileged place of exchange between the business world and professionals in education, guidance, training and employment;
• Promotes orientation and lifelong training through access to information on the reality of professions and their developments, on rights and access routes to training, in order to make it more accessible professionals, businesses, the public (young people, families, working people, etc.);
• Ensures monitoring, diagnosis and forecasting activities on professions, employment and training, to provide decision-making support for public policies, economic players and the public;
• Supports all professionals, education, training, guidance and employment through the production and dissemination of information and resources on trades, training and employment, by promoting cooperation and pooling between these actors and by proposing a professionalization program;
• Stimulates innovation and experimentation in the areas of training, advice and support in response to the changing expectations and uses of the public and professionals.
In addition, the association:
• Administers, manages all tangible or intangible assets that contribute to or contribute to the corporate purpose or its financing;
• Participates in any structure whose purpose is directly or indirectly related to its object.
One of the characteristics of the association is to be based on a “business” approach in conjunction with the needs of the public, the territory and the companies of Saint-Martin.