7:03 am: The candidates continue their tour of France
The contenders for the Élysée continue to criss-cross France this Friday in search of a promising dynamic in this “funny campaign” suspended from the formalization of the candidacy of the outgoing president. Emmanuel Macron, who has however obtained the necessary sponsorships to present himself, is waiting for the “peaks” of the Covid-19 and Ukrainian health crises to have passed.
Jean-Luc Mélenchon (LFI) will be in Le Mans (Sarthe) to participate in the National Day of Memories of the Slave Trade, Slavery and their Abolition, Valérie Pécresse will speak about purchasing power in Charleville-Mézières (Ardennes), Anne Hidalgo (PS) will be in Clermont-Ferrand on the theme of culture. Finally, Fabien Roussel (PCF) will discuss with high school students in Marseille.
As for Eric Zemmour and Marine Le Pen, they will be meeting this Saturday: the Reconquest candidate will be in Lille and the RN candidate in Reims.
7:01 a.m.: Morning guests
- On France 2 at 7:38 : Florence Portelli, spokesperson for Valérie Pécresse
- On Radio J at 7:45 a.m. : Othman Nasrou, spokesperson for Valérie Pécresse
- On Europe 1 at 8:13 a.m.: Jean-François Copé, mayor of Meaux and adviser to Valérie Pécresse
- On CNews at 8:15 a.m. : Jordan Bardella, president of the RN
- On Radio Classique at 8:15 a.m. : Bernard Sananès, president of Elabe
- On France info at 8:30 a.m. : Christian Jacob, President of the Republicans
7 a.m.: Welcome to this live broadcast devoted to political news and the campaign for the 2022 presidential election.