Tuesday, January 18

Herault. An illegal rave party gathered more than a thousand people over the weekend

An illegal rave party organized for the New Year from Friday evening to Sunday brought together more than a thousand people in Villeveyrac in the Hérault, reports Free noon. It ended this Sunday at the end of the afternoon, said the prefecture. “They were 1,000 at the peak and are now around 400 (…) the gendarmes present since the departure secure the exits in particular”, according to this official source. The local media initially counted 1,500 to 2,000 people.

35 rave parties in the town in 2021

The village of Villeveyrac has seen no less than 35 wild festivals organized in its town in 2021. This time, “a little more than 700 vehicles as well as camper vans and three semi-trailers took place on Friday evening between vineyards and scrubland” , explains the mayor, Christophe Morgo, to AFP. On the spot, a source describes to Midi Libre a crowd “very young. Lots of minors. French, Italians, Spaniards ”.

This content is blocked because you have not accepted the trackers.

Clicking on ” I accept “, the plotters will be deposited and you will be able to view the contents .

Clicking on “I accept all tracers”, you authorize the deposit of tracers for the storage of your data on our sites and applications for the purposes of personalization and advertising targeting.

You have the option of withdrawing your consent at any time.
Manage my choices


“I observed the presence of a large number of local miners who hitchhike again. No party animal wore a mask, ”said the mayor, who underlines that he will go again on site to see the damage on the communal land where plantations of trees and shrubs had been sown by schoolchildren.

Forty-four offenses were noted. Fines for possession of narcotics and driving under the influence of narcotics or in a state of alcohol have in particular been drawn up. Police custody is also in progress.

In Yonne, a rave party has also gathered since Friday up to 1,500 people on an industrial site in Saint-Florentin. Most of them had left the scene on Sunday.

An investigation was opened “for unlawful organization of a festive musical gathering” by the prosecutor’s office in Auxerre.

Reference-www.leprogres.fr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *