Tuesday, January 18

NIPH and the Norwegian Directorate of Health no longer participate in the intergovernmental conference

The health authorities have been thrown out of the door by the Støre government and are no longer allowed to attend the intergovernmental conference, as they did under Erna Solberg.

Health Director Bjørn Guldvog (left) and Public Health Director Camilla Stoltenberg (right) will no longer be allowed to attend the Intergovernmental Conference. Photo: Heiko Junge / NTB

VG receives confirmation from the Prime Minister’s office that the National Institute of Public Health and the Norwegian Directorate of Health are no longer present at the weekly summit in the government.

Normally, only the government and officials from SMK are present, but for a year and a half, the professional authorities and officials in the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Justice were also present. It ended when the Støre government took over.

– It was important that FHI and the Norwegian Directorate of Health always gave an updated status of the infection situation at the start of the government and RCU conferences, says Rune Alstadsæter, chief of staff for the Conservative parliamentary group and former state secretary in SMK under Erna Solberg.

In addition, they answered questions along the way, he adds.

Tog Borgersen, subject director at SMK, says that the government has so far not seen the need to establish a corona committee (RCU), as the Solberg government had. He confirms that the health authorities do not participate in the intergovernmental conference, and points out that a professional basis is obtained prior to the meeting.

Reference-www.aftenposten.no

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *