Two people have been arrested after a 20-year-old man was abducted in Tolga on Sunday night.
The latest arrest took place around 3pm on Wednesday, the police write in a press release.
– The person was arrested a short time ago, and will be questioned as soon as possible, the police write.
Earlier Wednesday, police confirmed that they had made the first arrest in the case. The man was arrested and questioned on Tuesday, and produced for custody on Wednesday afternoon.
Defender Harald Grape confirms to NTB that the client admits to having detained the 20-year-old on Tolga. The accused volunteered for the police.
The police are requesting four weeks custody in Wednesday’s prison meeting, which the accused, according to the defense counsel, agrees to.
It was Labor Law / Østlendingen who first reported arrest in the case.
The defender of the first of the two arrested says his client volunteered because he has empathy with the victims and wants to make up for it.
– This is a young boy who regrets what he has done, Grape says to NRK.
In the press release after the first arrest, the police wrote that there could be more arrests. It is unclear whether this still applies after the second arrest.
It was the night before Sunday that several perpetrators broke into a house in Vingelen on Tolga and took a 20-year-old with them. The 20-year-old’s parents were also present during the incident. Sunday night he appeared on the train at Gardermoen.
The police have previously stated that the 20-year-old was shot during the incident, but have not wanted to disclose what injuries he suffered.
Helge Hartz, assistance lawyer for victims and his family, says they are informed about the arrest.
– I am aware that an indictment has been issued and that custody has been requested. I have informed the family that there will be custody. We will talk more later, Hartz says to Arbeidets Rett.
Car found on farm
The local newspaper Hamar Arbeiderblad has received unconfirmed information that the escape from the offended 20-year-old’s home after the abduction was dramatic.
According to the newspaper, the kidnappers drove off the road during the escape, after which they are said to have continued on foot and then obtained a taxi.
Farmer Hans Håkon Westlund (63) confirmed on Wednesday to Østlendingen that the wanted getaway car appeared in the middle between the potato warehouse and his garage in Stor-Elvdal.
He says he does not know exactly what happened on the farm.
– We do not have an overview of that. But the wanted people drove out of the road and drove across the field for 100-150 meters and turned up on the farm road and parked the car at such a distance that it was impossible to spot from the main house, he says.
According to the farmer on the farm, the police acted after the discovery of the car, looking for clues. They have so far not confirmed this to the newspaper.