Tuesday, May 17

Tunisia against Mali was to be completed after a 40-minute break – Tunisia refused

(Tunisia – Mali 0-1) There was complete chaos at the Limbe Omnisport Stadium in Cameroon when the referee blew off the African Championship clash between Tunisia and Mai twice – before 90 minutes had elapsed.

Aftenposten collaborates with VG-sporten. Therefore, as an Aftenposten reader, you also get articles and services created by VG.

There were simply absurd scenes unfolding at the Limbe Omnisport Stadium in Kaerun. Despite eight substitutions, two VAR situations and a drinking break, referee Janny Sikazwe blew the match twice.

After a 40-minute break, it was decided that three extra minutes would be played, but then the Tunisian team refused to come on the field.

The article is updated.

Mali eventually won 1-0 in the match against Tunisia in the African Football Championship after Sarpsborg 08 player Ibrahima Koné scored on a penalty kick early in the second half.

It was still the referee and the match clock that was all about in this settlement.

Tunisia were awarded a penalty kick, which referee Janny Sikazwe from Zimbabwe ruled after studying the VAR pictures. But Mali goalkeeper Ibrahim Mounkoro saved the shot from Wahbi Khazri.

Then the referee blew the match just as well after 85 minutes and six seconds, but started it again when he saw the protests.

SCORING ON PENALTY: Ibrahima Kone scores from the penalty spot early in the second half.

A few minutes later, Mali was reduced to ten players when El Bilal Toure received a red card. Even then, the judge studied the VAR images before maintaining the red card.

In addition, the players had a break to cool off. Therefore, the surprise was great when the referee blew off the match again a few seconds before it was played 90 minutes.

Tunisian coach Mondher Kebaier frantically tried to protest, but was unsuccessful. The referee team was led by the court with 10-12 guards around it.

But at the press conference afterwards, players and coaches were told that three extra minutes should be played, and almost three quarters of an hour after the match, the Mali players were originally back on the field.

But Tunisia did not come out on the grass, and thus no more was played. Thus, Mali are the winners, but it is not impossible that there will be protests from Tunisia.

PS! This was the first match in group F. Mauritania meets Gambia in the second match in the group later today.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.